Most people don’t know where Iran is, let alone that the American government has sent Iran billions of dollars since 1953 for it to build nuclear facilities after the CIA overthrew its democratically elected government– against the will of its people. There are interesting facts about Iran, especially from an historical religious and political perspective.
- Shari’a law is the law of the land
- Men can legally have four wives
- The majority speak Persian
- There is a significant difference between being of Persian descent vs being of Arabic descent
- Babylon, Ninevah, and Ur, major cities discussed in the Bible, are in Iraq, near the Iranian border
- Iran is part of the Levant
- Most in Iran are Shia Muslims; the majority of Muslims worldwide are Sunni.